Braces Orange | Orange Hill Dental Group Joseph P. Sabet, DDS
Most people do not enjoy going to the dentist. But maintaining good oral health is a vital part of your overall health. Having crooked teeth and jaw problems makes it harder to take care of your teeth properly. Improper oral care can lead to tooth decay and eventually gum disease. If you live in the Orange, California area, let the team at Orange Hill Dental Group help you decide what teeth straightening method to use. These are just some of the reasons why you need to see an orthodontist if you have unhealthy teeth.
• Breathing and Swallowing (for example snoring or sleep apnea)
• Crossbite (Upper teeth biting down on lower teeth, near the tongue)
• Crowning (extra teeth or teeth that are not positioned well)
• Deep Overbite (lower front teeth bite into the tissue of upper teeth)
• Face and Mouth Disfiguration (the jaw does not develop properly, teeth are poorly positioned)
• Jaw and Jaw Joint Pain • Missing or Extra Teeth (this can be from tooth decay, mouth injuries or genetic problems)
• Protruding Top Teeth (Upper teeth protrude abnormally and can lead to a short lower jaw)
• Self Image (a healthy mouth and smile can give the confidence to manage overall health)
• Teeth Spacing (missing teeth, teeth that are too small or teeth that are too big)
• Speaking, Chewing, Biting
• Lower Jaw Protrusion (lower jaw is bigger than the upper jaw)
The longer you put off getting your teeth fixed, the more susceptible you become to diseases such as hypertension, anemia, diabetes, osteoporosis and even Alzheimer’s disease.
There are three phases of treatment involving getting braces from the orthodontist. You may not even need traditional metal braces. You may qualify for clear or porcelain colored brackets. NASA created tooth wires that are heat activated and need fewer adjustments than conventional braces. You may even be eligible for Invisalign; clear aligners that resemble retainers and do not require you to get braces or wires.
• Planning Phase: The planning phase of getting braces will require more than one visit to your orthodontist. Your medical and dental history will be evaluated. The orthodontist will make molds of your teeth. Your head and neck will be photographed on the computer. Regular photos of your face and mouth will also be taken. Last the orthodontist will get x-rays of your teeth and jaws. The orthodontist will take this information and create proper fitting braces for you.
• Active Phase: The active phase means you will visit the orthodontist on a regular basis to adjust your braces and make sure you are following your orthodontists’ treatment instructions.
• Retention Phase: The retention phase of your braces treatment will end and be replaced with a new appliance for your mouth, such as a retainer. If worn continuously, the retainer will keep the changes in your teeth intact and stabilize the new positions of your teeth and jaw bone.
For more information about getting braces at Orange Hill Dental Group call 714-639-2703 or fill out your information on our website contact page.